I WISH

 

A long time ago, I came across this beautiful yet tragic quote that said, “How scary is it to look at

the one you love and realize there are two possible outcomes; forever or not” ~ Anonymous.

A time when the term forever’s understanding was a little blur, when our hearts were a bit whole

and not broken. Where we looked into the eyes of love, love that was everywhere disguised as

friends, family and that last roll of cinnamon.

But now it’s a lot more than scary and tragic because beautiful eyes are soaked in tears and

hearts are shattered like glass ceilings were the depth of hurt is deeper than battle scares.

Where these beautiful souls are hurt in pain and sorrow that they build walls that could trace an

entire dimension all together and be in isolation the kind that brings you pain but peace at the

same time.

These angels! Sweet angels disguised in human form don’t get why they are so precious, that

their existence on earth is a privilege to mankind that their feet make the earth lighter and the

sun shine brighter on a stormy day. If only they could see themselves the way I do! For the

shine they have within ; waiting to burst out of them into pixie dust granting all their wishes one

by one.

 

I wish they knew that forever is just a type to fit in their heart and sooner it’s going to outgrow

and shatter it.

I wish they knew self-love the kind they did not need forever and were more sassy,

I wish they knew the world is so much better and could conquer every inch of it,

I wish they knew summertime sadness is just a song not a lifestyle,

I wish they saw themselves the way I did in adores and all smiles,

I wish their hearts were never broken by forever disguised as friends, family, a lover and that

last roll of cinnamon.

 

BY

SB Valli Chaudhary

BA,LL.B 2nd Semester

Comments

Popular posts from this blog